I’m so excited to be participating in the Love-A-Thon for the first time! The Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) and Mel (The Daily Prophecy) and is intended to spread positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of the blogging community.
To kick off the Love-A-Thon, all participants were asked to share their answers to the following questionnaire to help visitors get to know them better.
1) What’s your name? Angela
2) Where in the world are you blogging from? Pennsylvania, United States
3) How did you get into blogging in the first place? I’m book obsessed, and whenever I read something I love I CANNOT stop talking about it. My husband’s not a reader, though, and my book-loving friends don’t live nearby, so I had no one to gush to about what I was reading. The result? I took to the Internet, where I can shout all I want about books.
4) How did you come up with your blog name? My husband recommended it, actually. I agonized over possibilities for weeks, and out of nowhere he asked, “What about Angela’s Library?” As soon as I heard it, I knew it was right, and I liked how simple and straightforward it was.
5) What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I focus on Young Adult fiction and tend to feature a lot of retellings. I love retellings of all kinds…fairy tales, myths, literary classics, and so on.
6) What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? I love lists and participate in a lot of the Top Ten Tuesday posts hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. I’ve also done a few author interviews, and I really enjoy making bookish playlists as well.
7) Best blogging experience so far? For me, one of the most rewarding experiences as a blogger is when an author stumbles upon my review of their book and emails me to say thank you. I’ve had this happen a couple of times, and it’s an incredible feeling. Lauren Roedy Vaughn wrote me a beautiful message telling me that my review made her day and that I really “got” what she was going for with the protagonist in her novel OCD, The Dude, And Me. It was such an unexpected, amazing surprise.
8) Favorite thing about the blogging community? Finding kindred spirits! It’s such a great feeling to connect with people who are passionate about the same things that I am.
9) Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
10) Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
11) What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? I don’t know if it’s underrated, per se, but I would love for more people to know how awesome Megan Whalen Turner’s The Queen’s Thief series is.
12) Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Jacky Faber from L.A. Meyer’s Bloody Jack series. We could have so many adventures together!
13) Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? Will Herondale from Cassandra Clare’s The Infernal Devices series. *Sighs dreamily*
14) Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? Dancing, movies, and music
15) Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Clothes – but only when my husband shops with me. I’m terrible to shop with (I’m indecisive and take forever in the dressing room), but my husband is a shopping champ, not to mention a million times more fashionable than I am. When we go shopping he picks out great stuff that I’d never find on my own, and I never have to try the clothes on because he get the size right on sight. It’s the best!
16) At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? Don’t judge me, but the one song that never fails to put a grin on my face is “Love Shack” by the B-52’s. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite song, but it’s the one and only song I find impossible not to dance to.
17) Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. I want to see Michael Grant’s Gone series turned into movies in the WORST way. I’m also really pumped to see what the movie adaptation of Pierce Brown’s Red Rising will look like.
18) What would your dream library look like? Lots of natural light and comfy chairs and snuggly blankets. And a window seat. That is a must.
19) Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? I’d love to be BFFs with Maggie Stiefvater, but I can’t imagine us doing anything as demure as sitting down to tea – I see our adventures as more of the drag-racing in cool cars and traipsing through the Irish countryside sort.