Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is: Top Ten Sequels I Can’t Wait to Get.
1. Golden Son by Pierce Brown – This sequel to Red Rising gives me something to look forward to in January besides the bitter, bitter cold.
2. Lionheart by A. C. Gaughen – I love all things Robin Hood, especially Gaughen’s Scarlet series, which is a new take on the Merry Men (and women) of Sherwood Forest.
3. Next Book in the Glister Journals series by B. B. Shepherd – I’ve been waiting for this sequel ever since I finished slogging through all one million pages of Bronze and realized that Shepherd had STILL not answered the burning questions I’d had throughout the book. (Read my review of Bronze here)
4. Next book in The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater – I hate to admit it, but I wasn’t crazy about Blue Lily, Lily Blue, the latest book in The Raven Cycle series. I’m in love with the previous two books, though, and I have a feeling Maggie is going to blow me away with the series’ final installment.
5. Next book in The Young World trilogy by Chris Weitz – I finished The Young World about a week ago and am itching to get my hands on the next book. This is a very, very promising new trilogy.
6. Wolf by Alma Alexander – Alma left us with with quite a cliffhanger at the end of Random, meaning I’ll be on edge until Wolf comes out early next year. Also, the word on the street is that Mal, one of my favorite characters in Random, will be the narrator of Wolf. (Read my review of Random here)
7. Next book in The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner – I’d probably sell a kidney for the next book in this series, which is one of my all-time favorites. It’s been four years since A Conspiracy of Kings was published. Please, Ms. Turner, please, have pity on me! Give me more Eugenides!
8. The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski – I was surprised by how quickly The Winner’s Curse captivated me. I can’t wait to see where things pick up in The Winner’s Crime.
9. End of Days by Suzanne Ee – The release date for the third book in the Penryn and the End of Days series keeps getting pushed back…and back…and back. The suspense is killing me! I need to know what happens to Penryn and Raffe, and I need to know now.
10. Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross – This comes out in January. I can hardly wait! NEED. MORE. FAIRY TALES.