Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2016.
1. Morning Star by Pierce Brown – Darrow is one of my all-time favorite characters, a true epic hero. I’m both anxious and excited to see what awaits him in the conclusion to the Red Rising trilogy.
2. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater – The release date for this one kept getting pushed back, but in April we will FINALLY get the book, the fateful Blue/Gansey kiss, and hopefully some Pynch action, too.
3. Scardust by Suzanne van Rooyen – I will read anything this woman writes, especially when the synopsis includes sentences like this one: “Raleigh becomes inexplicably entangled with a guy who is everything he needs—everything good that Raleigh is not—but might not even be human.”
4. The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – The clever cover was enough to get me excited for this book, but as soon as I read the words “perfect for fans of…Megan Whalen Turner” I knew for sure this book was for me.
5. Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff – Brenna, you had me at “A high-achieving girl falls for the most imperfect boy in school through a series of mysterious dreams.”
6. The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine – A book with an LGBT love triangle? And magic? Written by Sarah Fine? Sign me up!
7. The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski – After the cliffhanger of The Winner’s Crime, I’m dying to find out how this trilogy ends.
8. Titans by Victoria Scott – This book gives me a kind of Scorpio Races vibe, but with mechanical horses instead of deadly ones from the sea.
9. Beyond the Red by Ava Jae – Alien queen + half-human bodyguard + forbidden love = Happy Angela
10. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman – Pirates!!!! And not just any pirates, but a young Edward “Teach” Drummond, who became the infamous Blackbeard! Must. Have. Now.