It’s finally here – the 2017 Love-A-Thon! Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Kristin (Super Space Chick) and Mel (The Daily Prophecy) and is intended to build friendships and spread positivity and love. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, and fostering positivity among the members of the blogging community.
To kick off the Love-A-Thon, all participants were asked to introduce themselves by sharing their answers to the following questions.
Introduction to Me and My Blog
1) What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from? I’m Angela, and I’m blogging from Pennsylvania in the United States.
2) Tell us your history with reading. My Gram is the person who made me fall in love with books; she read to me non-stop as a little girl. Also, I had really bad asthma when I was young and was very limited in what I could do. Reading was one activity that was always available to me.
3) How did you get involved in the online book community? I’m book obsessed and was desperate to find other people who shared that passion. I realized the Internet’s full of like-minded people and started my blog so I could interact with those people.
4) How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)? How did you come up with your blog name? It was a matter of my skill set, haha. Photography and videography aren’t my gifts, but I write/edit for a living, so a blog seemed like the best platform for me to start with. It took forever for me to figure out a name for my blog; my husband was the one who suggested Angela’s Library.
5) What’s your favorite thing about the blogging community? Connecting with people who get excited about the same books and authors that I do. It feels like being part of a family.
6) What sort of posts can readers expect from you? Up until this point I’ve mostly written reviews, as well as bookish playlists and Top Ten Tuesday posts (hosted by The Broke and The Bookish). I hope to do more author interviews, lists, and fun discussion posts this year.
7) What book genres do you talk about most? I focus on Young Adult fiction and tend to feature a lot of retellings. I love retellings of all kinds…fairy tales, myths, literary classics, and so on.
1) Favorite food? Beverage? Mmm…I could eat pasta for every single meal, with a can of Dr Pepper to go along with it!
2) Favorite color? Red!
3) Favorite things to do apart from reading? I love going to the movies and going to see plays/musicals. My latest obsession is Hamilton: An American Musical. I’m dying to see it on Broadway, but since I don’t have a spare $500 lying around for tickets, I’ve contented myself with playing the album on repeat and driving my husband nuts. 🙂
4) Favorite TV shows? Outlander, Modern Family, The 100, The Royals
5) Favorite movies? Tangled, Dirty Dancing, Shrek, Hairspray
6) Favorite musical artists? My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Queen, Journey, Halsey, Florence and the Machine, Garth Brooks
7) Favorite places to shop? Barnes & Noble, Apricot Lane Boutique, New York and Company
2) Favorite books you red in the last five years? The Captive Prince trilogy by C.S. Pacat, The Queen’s Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner, The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown, and The Raven Cycle quartet by Maggie Stiefvater
3) Underrated book, series or author you love? I just finished reading Nora Sakavic’s All For The Game trilogy and really, really enjoyed it.
4) A book you want to see made into a film or TV show? I want to see Michael Grant’s Gone series turned into movies in the WORST way. I’m also really excited to see what the movie adaptation of Pierce Brown’s Red Rising will look like.
5) Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book family? Will Herondale from Cassandra Clare’s The Infernal Devices trilogy will always be my book boyfriend. As for my book family, I actually did a post on this for Thanksgiving!